This Interview#5 coming up sounds sooo exciting to me now. It helps that the principal emailed me a few times after speaking with my parents on the phone while I was away. (I gave them control of my cell phone because it wouldn't work in Europe; that way, they could take my messages and relay them to me via email.) When my mom spoke with the principal, she was quite pleased because he was so impressed with my background and experience! She even set up an interview for me with him for after my return ... and ... she was so excited about everything he was sharing that she told him that she'd take the job herself!
Before I left on my summer adventures, I had contacted the district HR rep to set up a pre-screening interview. He too apparently called while I was away (even though when I'd contacted him beforehand, he'd said to wait until I returned to set up the interview). I called him early this morning to inquire about the pre-screening interview, and he said he'd already passed me through to the next round- which is, the interview with the principal himself. He explained that my resume and my reference letters were so strong that a pre-screening interview wasn't necessary. Sweet!
I just got a call from the assistant principal, and I liked her right away. She too was checking in on me, to make sure I hadn't accepted any other offers yet and to reiterate that they were very interested in me for this position. She even went so far to say something about me joining their staff very soon.
Considering my list of things I hoped to find in my job (type of program, strength of program, community, location), this job really does meet all of those "requirements" exceptionally well. The only downsides are that 1) it's .10 short of a 1.0 full-time position and 2) while it's closer to home, it's 4 hours from Westley. My gut instinct? This is a much better fit for me than DreamJob. This sounds like a great position where I can jump in, learn and grow ... it just feels right. So ... we'll see!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment