Today was my processing session with my new school district. Had I known that we would be given plenty of free time during today's session to fill out all the paperwork we were to have completed for today, I wouldn't have stayed up late last night after driving home from Westley's house. Ah well. :-)
After a record-breaking two hours (they told us it normally takes three hours) of filling out forms, learning about my teachers' union, and following a half hour long powerpoint on benefits provided by the school district, we were done. They told us we could hang around and get our school IDs printed, and I opted to do so.
At first glance, my ID appeared fine. Satisfied that my hair looked decent, I shoved my new badge in my purse, grabbed my several new information-filled folders, and headed out to the parking lot. While walking to my car, I decided to get a closer look at my badge ... and alas! One of my eyes is somehow nearly shut and I look like I'm winking in the picture! Ah well. I'm just praying that they take separate photos of staff members for the school yearbooks.
From there, I drove to AAA in order to become a member. My car has nearly 40K and I'd rather be safe than sorry. Conveniently, I was about 10 minutes from my new school. I called the office to find out if I could stop by because I was hoping to browse through the music library.
When my AP brought me to my classroom (yay!), I was a little overwhelmed by all of the furniture and materials there. Everything was placed haphazardly in the center of the room. I decided that I ought to take inventory of everything ... That led to a search for a ruler (alas, I had neglected to bring measuring tape). In my annoyingly perfectionist way, I measured the dimensions of the various pieces of furniture, the dimensions of the room, and the dimensions of all of the bulletin boards, chalkboards, and the lone dry erase board. All with a ruler. Well ... the dimensions of the room I figured out by measuring the perfect 12" by 12" blue square pattern on the floor. (Why did I do this? I might be completely anal and plot out the room layout on graph paper and make little construction paper replicas of the furniture ... or I may use the Arrange-A-Room feature [http://www.bhg.com/decorating/arrange-a-room/] I added to my list of favorite websites a couple of years ago for this very purpose.)
I explored the contents of my desk and file cabinets, discovered some pleasant surprises (yay! solfege sign posters!), and finally found the listing of music in the music library (written out by hand, not incredibly thorough, and I have no idea whether or not it is fully updated). By the time I had measured everything, taken notes, made a to-do list, and discovered the fun surprises, it was 2:40pm, and the school was due to close at 3pm. Music selection will have to be another day.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment