Monday, May 05, 2008

You Honk, We Drink

This sign was displayed prominently on the front porch of a house I pass on my drive everyday to and from GradSchool. Throughout the year, the college guys who live in the house sit on the porch to people-watch. I expected that grandmas in this rural town might enjoy that hobby, but I still get surprised when I see the young guys just chillaxing out there in their lawn chairs.

Today, there was a group of college kids gathered on the porch ... probably hanging out to celebrate the end of classes. I paused at the stop sign diagonal from their house, which is when I saw the sign.

Even though it was just 4:30 in the afternoon, I honked as I drove past, earning an appreciative grin from one of the guys as he raised his bottle of beer.

No comments: