Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Reason 345987 I'm ready to move out of student housing

One of my roommates is leaving earlier than I am. She's been quite zealous in her packing. I've already had to rescue 1) the dish towels I bought in CoolCity my sophomore year at AlmaMater and 2) the dish drainer I bought last fall in BestFriend's HomeState because said roommmate didn't bring hers like she said she would, and I was tired of letting dishes dry on top of dishcloths on our counter.

Alas, today, I discovered that I had not acted in time to save my meat tongs. Yeah, they probably cost me a dollar (because I split a 2-pack with Green, another of my GA friends) ... but I paid for them. They were mine. Roommate heard me complaining to Westley and said she didn't remember packing them.

Grrrrrrr

Lesson learned: Label my belongings!
Or: Create a list of everything I contribute to the living space and post it somewhere in the shared living space so this kind of thing can be avoided.
Or: Don't let an incompetent landlord "place" me with someone "who would be a good fit" (she promised me I'd be with older students like me- GAs or student teachers ... and I ended up with two sophomores) and then break the lease agreement I already signed to add an additional roommate to the living space.

No comments: