First real job interview EVER went well! There were maybe 2 moments where I couldn't quite think fast enough ~ for those, I forgot to follow BestFriend's advice to take a few seconds after a question was asked to formulate my answer before letting word vomit take over. Eh.
Still, I got a positive vibe from the committee. They complimented me on my stellar academic record, and they seemed impressed by what the answers I gave to their questions. I'm thinking I'll at least make it to the second round of interviews. I feel really good about this potential job. It's in a good district, and the administration strongly supports the arts. I really liked my potential colleagues (two were in on the interview process, and another taught a class I took in undergrad). I've still got to submit other applications elsewhere (so that not all my eggs are in one basket), but I think I'd want this job if it were offered to me. So ... yay! :-)
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! I'm glad you felt good about the interview - there tend to be those 'oh, phooey' moments in every interview I've had. But the overall impression seems good from your story so I'm excited for you! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment