I have been slacking this week. This is my second pajama day. I like to think that I've earned this break, after the incredibly stressful final 2 weeks of grad school. Maybe I have, maybe not.
My recovery process has included some junk food since I rarely gave into the temptation to buy it for my apartment in GradSchoolTown. It's here and free at casa de mis padres and ... cookies & tortilla chips with salsa & soda can be quite yummy sometimes (though probably not all at once).
Recovery has also included: catching up with guilty favorites (I love the online streaming episodes) such as House, Grey's, Samantha Who?, and The Office (for which I have about 6 episodes left) ... and why did Private Practice not return after the strike? I really liked that the last time I had time to watch ... last fall ....
Oh, and I've read some silly books too. There was this one and that book. Oh, and I can't forget this other one (which I read online, as it's free online, somewhere, but I was too lazy to look for the website address) either.
And ... I've managed to clear/clean/organize about half of the stuff which I brought back from my apartment ... and I spent two hours scrubbing the shower in my siblings & my shared bathroom today. And I went out with my mom yesterday to find her a dress for an upcoming event. Oh, and I went to a music rehearsal and a concert (different groups) ... and my brother and I made my mom dinner this week, as a belated mother's day gift.
So maybe I've been productive ... but ... my efforts at productivity must now focus on GETTING A JOB. I've sent out a few applications, but there are MANY MORE to complete. And I should update my portfolio considering it hasn't been tweaked since my SOPHOMORE year of college. And I've, um, definitely done quite a bit since then. Hmm.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment