Monday, August 13, 2007

When you wish upon a star

*yawn*

I had planned to wake up last night sometime between 1 and 5am to watch some of the meteor shower. I love seeing shooting stars. There's something utterly magical about watching lights dance across the sparkling dark sky.

Well ... I crashed at 9pm last night. I still haven't adjusted back to my time zone here in the States. I forgot to set my alarm for the meteor shower.

And I woke up at the time that it was supposed to have ended. I'm not sure if I actually did fall back asleep or if I stayed in only a semi-conscious state. I finally roused myself at 6am to email a friend.

While I'm pouting slightly that I missed the chance to see the stars, I perk up at the memory of watching them a few years ago ... I'd counted 101 shooting stars ... and I don't remember making many wishes that time. So I still have plenty stored up for future use.

If I were to make wishes, I'm not even sure what I'd ask for. I had a peculiar dream 3 years ago about making wishes ...

In the dream, I encountered a beautiful, delicate fairy who was unable to free herself from some entanglement. I freed her, and in her gratitude she offered to grant me a wish. I clearly remember considering this in the dream before responding. I gently refused her gift, saying that while I appreciated her generosity, I would only wish and pray for God to give me what He knows I truly need.

1 comment:

The Contessa said...

So glad your back!!!!

That's a lovely dreamm - though I would have taken the wishes myself!

Re: your comment - thank you! It's been a rough struggle and I'm trying to see the good points.