Sunday, August 26, 2007

Thoughts before the first day of classes

Silly me ... I meant to go to bed about two hours ago ... but ... somehow three cups of relaxing tea weren't enough to encourage me to put down my book before I'd finished it.

I learned this afternoon that I have a meeting at 8:30am tomorrow. (Originally, I wasn't supposed to have any plans until 4pm!)

Have not heard bac from my brother yet. I'd texted him to see how he was enjoying his first few days at college. While he apparently had time to call my parents, he's apparently enjoying "partying like a rockstar" (his new status on a certain popular social networking site) too much.

No matter ... I chatted more with BestFriend (and might be making a 10-hour roundtrip spontaneous road trip next weekend since she'll be within driving distance)!

I've also talked with other friends (Twin was telling me about setting up her classroom! My friends are real teachers now while I'm still a student ... I suppose that realization makes me a little wistful. Still ... I know I'm where I'm supposed to be.)

Now- off to bed. Must be alert and look presentable tomorrow.

No comments: