Monday, August 27, 2007

(Hopefully) Last First Day as a Student (for awhile, anyway)

Hmm ... so ... I'll be in the car a lot this weekend.


I didn't originally have plans for the three-day holiday weekend ... and wasn't going to make any ... but ... then I checked MapQuest out of curiosity and everything went downhill from there. :-)


I'll get to see BestFriend and her husband ... and my brother too, as he's not too far from where they'll be! And perhaps I'll swing by CoolCity (even if it's out of the way) to visit a friend from there whom I've not seen since early May ...

(I'm also tempted to call CGFC who might possibly be nearby, if he isn't in CoolCity at this point. Those with good memories might remember that I deleted his number from my cell phone in May. BUT then I got a new cell phone not long after. And for some reason, numbers I'd already deleted - not just CGFC's- in the few weeks prior to getting the new phone transferred over to the new phone. I suppose I have a secret desire to believe that it's not a strange coincidence but fate somehow. In theory, I still tend to think we're rather perfect for one another. However, I'm afraid he might consider the action of my calling him after not seeing him for so long slightly stalkerish, especially when he never expressed real interest in me ... so ... I'll simply hope that we meet again when I visit that church on a road trip in October. I've decided; there will be no phoning. Not on my part. If it's God's will that anything should happen, then I imagine He'll work it out for us. Otherwise, I imagine I'd be making what could be interpreted as a desperate grasp for attention, rather than the friendly let's-get-to-know-one-another thing I'd always meant it to be.)
~*~*~*~

No classes on the first day of classes! Sweet! No such luck tomorrow ... but ... I'm really looking forward to everything tomorrow. (I'm also a little nervous because I get to start working with the HUGE choir TOMORROW NIGHT! Um, no pressure ... just 120+ singers- including town politicians, former music teachers, professional musicians, and many, many music majors. Aack! *Deep breath* I can and will survive 15 minutes of teaching time!)

Now? Trying to convince myself to sleep on a more appropriate schedule. 'Night.

No comments: