My younger brother just graduated from high school yesterday. Starting this fall, my parents will enjoy an empty nest for the first time in 22 years. We children have been their focus for the full extent of our lives, and I'm curious to see what kinds of "lifestyle changes" my parents implement once they have more time and space.
I made dinner this evening for the family. I haven't really cooked a full meal on my own before ... and I need to know how to do so if I'm going to be living on my own next year (no more dorms, no more RA-ing, no more campus food meal plan ... thank goodness!). Pesto-stuffed tomatoes, Broccoli-Chicken Puffs, and Raspberry-Walnut Salad with poppy seed dressing. Yum!
Tomorrow: lunch date with Dad, errands, dinner out with high school friends I haven't seen in 2 years. Oh, and I'm going to force myself to get up at a ridiculous hour (before 6am) to start my summer walking regime.
Last summer, my closest friend from home and I got up and walked together at sunrise. Sometimes we strolled, other times we walked at a brisk pace. Unfortunately, she's living elsewhere this summer and my sister refuses to get up that early ... so I haven't been motivated enough on my own to get up and go. This evening at dinner, I mentioned that I might try to start tomorrow ... and by saying it aloud, I vowed to myself that I was actually committing to doing it! I'm hoping that it energizes me for the rest of the day since I'll have to be super-productive tomorrow.
And now? I ought to do my devotional and get SOME sleep since my alarm is set to rudely wake me up in less than 7 hours!
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a great plan - walk at sunrise.
I wish I could be enough of a morning person to do some of that...
I love to walk!! Enjoy it!
Post a Comment