My mom and I went to a flower stand today to purchase flowers for our garden. My mother struck up a chat with the older man who was selling flowers. As she visits the same place many times a year, they've formed an acquaintance. (His grandchildren are friends with my brother too.) He asked about our family, and Mom proudly announced that I had just graduated from college. (I get slightly embarrassed when she brags to acquaintances and sometimes to strangers, "Summa!" But ... I do understand she's my mother and she's proud of me.) :-)
He told me, "Go ahead and pick out a hanging flower basket, for your graduation."
I thanked him very sweetly as I chose a pretty basket of light pink flowers. What a kind gesture!
When we got home, Mom and I worked quickly together, and it only took us about an hour to plant the flowers we'd just bought.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's so lovely! I love flowers. I buy them for myself a couple of times a month. Lord knows if I wait for my man ( or ANY for that matter) to buy them I will never see them!
Post a Comment