There is so much I don't know how to do. I'm somewhat relieved that I'm taking baby steps towards adulthood. Well, maybe "baby steps" isn't an appropriate way to describe graduate studies ... but ... I am grateful that I'm not jumping both feet first into the real world. I still have a great deal to learn about personal finances, car maintenance, living on my own ... but at least I won't have to be a first year teacher as I learn about many of these things!
I don't really know how to cook. While I've watched my mom for years, I haven't actually made much (e.g. not much more than spaghetti) on my own. My grandfather used to say, "If you can read, you can cook." I'm hoping he's right.
In an effort to educate myself this summer, I vowed to try out recipes on my family. (I received a great cookbook for graduation, and I wrote in my thank you note that I'd be practicing this summer!) So ... I went through many, many recipes today and selected an appetizer, a main course, and a side dish for next Thursday. I hope that I'll have good news to report on this end next week. :-)
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment