I spent over an hour yesterday with my younger brother (who will graduate from high school in a week!) on a piece of music. He'd been asked by the adult choir director at church to compose a cello line to accompany one of the choir's anthems. My brother then came to me for help. The anthem is a lovely arrangement of a powerful spiritual, "Give Me Jesus." I enjoyed working with my brother on this ... bonding over our shared love for music. He too will be studying music in college, though he has chosen a different field than mine. I can't believe he's really going to be graduating from high school in a week.
In the evening, my parents (avid AI fans) had invited over another family, friends of ours, to watch the final showdown. I don't watch the show while at school ... and frankly, it hasn't been the same since my favorite season, AI2 (because I developed a huge crush on the runner-up) ... but I've been catching up on this season in the few weeks I've been home. Family meals and evening TV time seem to be the times when we're all together. I hardly ever watch TV while at school, but I seem to get sucked into time-wasting activities (like TV) more when I'm home. Then I wonder why I never get anything done. (As I'm writing this, I'm shaking my head and laughing at myself ... still in my pajamas because I inadvertently slept 2 hours past my alarm this morning. I am trying to get into a regular schedule ... but ... I also admit that I'm not trying very hard. I am appreciating this luxury though.)
I spent some time yesterday with my younger sister (the middle child). We like to watch chick flicks and Disney movies together. Last night, she really wanted to watch Snow White ... and we brushed each other's hair during the movie. After we'd traded the hairbrushing favors, we both settled back to watch the last 30 minutes of the movie ... and both of us dozed off. Quality time. :-)
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad you're enjoying your time at home - I envy you the privilege. :)
What wonderful memories you are making!!!!
These are things that you will remember always. Take them out when times are tough and review them and the warmth they bring you!
I, too, am a little bit envious!!!
Thanks for the comment on my eyelashes ;-)
Post a Comment