I just got the sweetest email today. My Cooperating Teacher at my former student-teaching placement wrote me an update on how the kids are doing. To me, I feel so comfortable and busy at my new placement that while I've thought about my kiddies over at school #1, I haven't had time to dwell on those thoughts. This was their first week without me.
Hi Estrella-
3rd Grade Cellist said it felt empty without you. : (
A group this afternoon asked me if I was lonely without you. They said
they miss you. I told them that I was too busy to be lonely but I sure
did miss you.
I wish you could have heard Returning Weak Violinist today. Whatever you did to
inspire her to practice worked! She played through pages 24 and 25
without flaw. Her posture matched RWV's Lesson Partner's. She read notes correctly
and played in tune. (Her fluency was actually better than RWVLP's.
Yes, I am talking about RWV! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The beginner groups are performing beautifully! They're being nice to
the bunny (a teaching tool we use to remind the kids about having good technique) and curving fingers on the tape! You gave them a great
foundation. Thank you!!!!!!!!
Cooperating Teacher
I still have to write entries about Church/Dinner with my CT and colleagues last Saturday ... and all of my adventures this week from Student-teaching placement #2. I'm going to one, possibly two, Halloween parties tonight ... I'm attending a workshop tomorrow ... going to the ballet tomorrow night (after BestFriend cooks me dinner), possibly going out for BreakUp Drinks with BestFriend after the ballet ... and Sunday, I may go to a performance of Mozart's Requiem in the afternoon after church.
I will write sometime. Hopefully I'll find time this weekend. :-)
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment