Saturday, October 07, 2006

Home Sweet Home ... and some babbling

I drove home last night. Soooo good to be here, in the home where I grew up, with my family ... I haven't left the house all day. I haven't needed or wanted to. I haven't really done anything either. I've sat around, talked with my parents, eaten delicious homecooked meals ... and somehow, "nothing" is the everything I've needed. :-)

For the past hour and a half, I've been looking up Bridesmaid Duties online ... reading articles on how I get to help BestFriend prepare for her big day! I understand now why she's been obsessed with looking at wedding pictures, websites, etc. for the past few months! It's addicting! Who wouldn't be excited about throwing a party to celebrate YOU and your beloved? Dedicating your love for one another and your lives to God? A once-in-a-lifetime (traditionally, at least) opportunity?

After reading many, many articles online, I am also quite relieved that I am not the one getting married! I would not want to worry about planning the "biggest day of my life" when I've got other things at the front of my mind: graduating in May, job-searching (update on possible substitute position: the department chair will keep my information and notify me when he has more specific information on the opening, but he "applauded my enthusiasm and initiative!"), and whatever else ties into the job search: Will I have to move? What age level/ specific subject area will I be teaching? And of course, BestFriend's wedding is on my list now too!

I was planning on leaving Home mid-afternoon to get back to MySchool mid-evening. But ... BestFriend called this evening to inform me of an impromptu informal engagement party tomorrow night at her apartment. So ... I'll be leaving a little earlier than previously planned so that I can be there for her!

Which will be nice ... because ... then I can get to bed early before my big day of Mingling with Professionals in My Field. I'm excited about that too ... because I love meeting people ... and making connections! While I like having connections who help me out, I enjoy assisting others through those connections even more (i.e. getting two friends to sub for me at my regular Sunday gig).

*yawn* I've been trying to tear myself away from this computer for 45 minutes now ... 'night!

No comments: