Thursday, March 27, 2008

Feeling more excited than stressed today ...

I'm preparing to visit CoolCity this weekend. I can hardly believe it's been 5 1/2 months since I've been there. That's the longest I've been away since I began my undergraduate studies. I have a brief 24-hour free period in the city before I must join my GradSchool colleagues there (the real purpose for my trip).

I'm not surprised at how easily I've slipped out of regular contact with my friends who still reside there. I had somewhat expected this, and I suppose that anticipation helped because I'm not incredibly upset about it. Facebook has been an incredible resource because only minimal effort is required of me to stay partially connected to other friends. BestFriend is probably the only person I speak to on a regular basis from undergrad, and she lives far, far away.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to returning to my adopted hometown ... I need a new school logo to put on the back of my car, since my ice scraper nicked the old one. I'm looking forward to catching up with friends whom I haven't seen since October. I'm excited that I'll get the chance to see other friends if they are able to attend our performances in their area!

Other news: My recital is one month from today! It's INSANE that April is NEXT WEEK. I knew this year and especially this semester would go by so quickly ... but ... April?! I graduate in 44 days. That's just over 6 weeks. Oh. my. goodness. And then I have to get a job. And grow up. And get my own place. And I will no longer officially wear the title of "student." 6 weeks until this madness begins. Hmmm.

No comments: