Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter Monday

I was incredibly spoiled at AlmaMater. Because the school had a religious affiliation, I always had an extended Easter weekend. GradSchool is not so generous, and Estrella is once again tired on a Monday morning. *insert sleepy smile here*

The weekend was wonderful. Saturday, Westley and I went to a local natural wonder (pretty but COLD!), and we picked up special ingredients from the grocery store. He'd been talking all week about wanting to make pizza from scratch ... homemade dough, homemade sauce, etc. It took much longer than either of us had expected, but it was incredibly delicious. As we waited for the pizza dough to rise, we also mixed yummy margaritas. I hadn't really eaten much during the day, nor had I been drinking as much water as I normally do. (We vocalists need to stay hydrated!) So ... I was tipsy for the first time in my life after having two margaritas and half a shot of tequila within the space of a little over one hour. Oops. When we settled down to watch some TV after dinner, the show (which I enjoy immensely) made me laugh much harder than usual. I have no desire to feel that way again but I'm still giggling as I think about it.

Sunday morning, Westley came with me to the church I've been attending this semester. Lovely service. Then we went out to lunch so he could order food that he'd given up for Lent. Lunch and a trip to the bookstore made for an enjoyable afternoon. He stayed for dinner again, and then we spent time watching videos of classical music performances on youtube. (We're such nerds, but I love it!) He'd never heard Allegri's Miserere, a gorgeous piece with a colorful history involving Mozart defying the Pope. Before he left, we finally had our first kiss. :-)

No comments: