I'm lying on my futon with my foot propped up because I had the minor medical procedure done on my toe yesterday. I'd been told that I might have to stay all day, depending on how much tissue they needed to remove. We got to leave after 4 hours, and I was told that all was well- no lingering issues, no dangerous tissue. Praise the Lord! We celebrated with a fast food lunch.
Because I was supposed to be off of my feet, I still couldn't make the combined choir/orchestra rehearsal for next week's concert (in which I have a small solo!). Instead, BestFriend and I watched a movie and folded her wedding invitations.
~*~*~*~
It's hard to believe that I was in Rome a week ago today. With the time change, I'm trying to figure out where I was exactly a week ago, at this very moment. I know I was somewhere in the Vatican ... I had just seen the Sistine Chapel. BestFriend and I were probably in St. Peter's by now, gazing at Michelangelo's Pieta. It seems like a dream ~ not reality ~ that we were actually there.
I just checked my digital camera and discovered that the display feature shows the time that the picture was taken. It was about a half hour ago that we would have seen the Pieta. At this point, I was either waiting in line to go up in the Cupola of St. Peter's Basilica or we were starting to climb all 300+ stairs.
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment