Monday, March 26, 2007

Ah, Spring :-)

Today was absolutely gorgeous ~ sunny and warm. Surprisingly warm, considering that we had snow less than 2 weeks ago. (Weather here in CoolCity is completely unpredictable!)

So ... I took the opportunity to walk downtown between classes. I got some essentials at CVS (make-up, travel-size supplies for my conference next month), a new battery at RadioShack for my metronome (because it died last week) ... and ... I bought myself some flowers from a lady's stand set up near the major department store. Two bouquets of daffodils and a forlorn-looking tulip plant. (Tulips are my FAVORITE flowers, and I figured I could nurture it into better health.)

I was telling BestFriend about my afternoon trip at dinner this evening. She whined, "Fiance has been slacking. He's gotten me flowers only twice this semester." (He used to get her flowers every time he visited her, which used to be maybe twice a month but is now nearly every weekend.)

I wasn't really annoyed by this, but at the same time, I wanted to say, "At least you have someone who buys you flowers!" (aka "You have no reason to whine!")

Instead I teased her, "Well, I don't need a guy to buy me flowers! I'll get them on my own if I want them! And I did, so I did!" :-)

1 comment:

The Contessa said...

I'm older than you and single and I still buy myself flowers twice a month especially during tulip season as I love them too...

I consider it my special treat to myself....

It's good that you treat yourself well - especially to learn and do it when you are young.... Brava's for you!