I should be practicing now ... did I mention that I'm in a sextet for Beethoven's Choral Fantasy? (The choral part is the last 5 minutes of the 20 minute piece for piano and orchestra, and my part may not even be 30 seconds of that, nor will I ever be singing by myself.) Still, it's a nice opportunity! (It can still go on my vocal repertoire list!) The range is really low, and as my voice teacher said, it's just too low for my voice to "ping!" In our mini-lesson yesterday, she said I won't be heard over the two sopranos because of where their lines are within their tessitura. So, what I'll lack in volume, I've got to make up for with every ounce of my body. I'm supposed to go to a practice room, put on my heels that I'll be wearing for the performance, and sell it. I think I'll save the heels for tomorrow's practice session before our rehearsal with the orchestra and the formidable conductor. :-)
~*~*~*~
Oooh, and today before choir began, my director (CD) called me over, saying, "Look what came in my mailbox today."
The magazine with my article in it! I didn't get to see much of it since she flipped the pages quickly to show me what it looked like in print form. Apparently they changed the title of the article (without telling me, *pout*) but it still looked sooooooo awesome! So professional! And ... my little bio was on the front page of the article [Estrella WrappedinSong will be graduating from MySchool in Month, Year with X degree.]
Then at the start of the rehearsal, CD made an announcement ... about how the magazine is distributed to 70K readers in (my career) field, how many people- including those with many advanced degrees- submit articles to the magazine, and ... how proud she was to have a contributor to the magazine as a senior in her choir at MySchool! And she also shared that it was national publication #2, (not mentioning that the first one was really not music-related nor was it widely circulated because of the magazine's extremely focused subject matter). :-)
My only disappointment was that it didn't arrive in my own mailbox today! Something else to hope for soon! "Else" meaning that I still have hope for CGFC ... I've calmed down a little since my disappointment at not seeing him this past Sunday ... but I'm also thinking that I should be more direct than just hinting we ought to get lunch sometime. I think I ought to be brave and tell him honestly that I'm interested in getting to know him better ... and that I understand if he is already in a serious relationship (which, according to my sources, he is not) or if he's just not interested.
OK, enough procrastinating! I have to get serious now and memorize the German text so I can sing it at lightning speed at the orchestra rehearsal tomorrow. Yay!
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Estrella! Congratulations! It sounds like things are going so well for you - yay!!
Please keep me updated on CGFC - I'm waiting on the edge of my seat. :)
Post a Comment