Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Guilty Secrets

I am guilty of:

*Including things I've already done on my To-Do lists so I can cross something off right away

*Checking my email compulsively

*Eating too much candy from the bowl I have set up for my residents by my door

*Sometimes not being fully prepared for classes but volunteering more than usual to make up for it (so I seem more prepared than I actually am)

*Daydreaming frequently when I ought to be doing work or sleeping

*Taking on too many responsibilities/activities in a short amount of time (i.e. tomorrow's schedule includes: 2 hours of observation at a local school (1 hour roundtrip commute not included), 4 hours of classes, a voice lesson, and attendance at a choral concert ... actually ... it doesn't sound so bad when I write it out like that ... it's pretty much a typical day!)

*Waiting long periods of time to do my laundry (The record? 5 weeks ... with clean underclothes everyday ... didn't realize I had that many pairs of underwear!) ... and I don't even have to pay at MySchool to do laundry!

*I still have an iron and ironing board that I borrowed from a friend about midway through last semester

*I'm procrastinating right now instead of: preparing a worksheet for a lesson I'm teaching on Friday, writing a paper for a core class, filling out job applications, cleaning my room, and all of the other million things on my To-Do list!!! Still ... *sigh* all is well!

No comments: