Friday, August 29, 2008

This is Your Life...

Note: I wrote this entry about a week ago (Thursday, 8/21/08) ... but between sleeping, planning, and trying to get everything prepared for this first week, I haven't had time to post it before now!


As I was commuting to work this morning, I turned on the radio. I haven't listened to the radio much in the past 5 years, but now that I'm driving for nearly an hour both to and from work, I've re-discovered it.

This Switchfoot song came on, and the refrain was,
"This is your life ...
Are you who you want to be?"
Unexpected tears came as I contemplated the lyrics.
"Yes," I thought to myself. "I finally am what I've wanted to be."
"I'm now driving to my first job- the job for which I've prepared for over the past NINE years, ever since I determined as a freshman in high school that this was the career I wanted."
Powerful realization. I'm finally doing what I've wanted to do for so long.

No comments: