Monday, August 11, 2008

Priorities for first job

This past weekend was the final weekend in the 3 month long summer break as today was my first day at my new job!

In preparation for this week (and this school year!), I did quite a bit of shopping this weekend. Westley arrived on Thursday ... so we visited two stores where I purchased two dresses and the cute blouse I'm wearing today! We spent several hours on Friday at shopping outlets not too far away (how was I not aware of their existence until just a few weeks ago?!) and I bought some lovely slacks (at $19.99/pair) at what is probably my new favorite store. Still on the clothing wish list: some more blouses appropriate for warmer weather, brown slacks, taupe slacks, brown heels to go with both of those colors, and black heels to go with black and grey slacks. I'm hoping to go to another favorite store ... and if I have time, possibly hit up another on the way to see Westley this weekend.

I was never really one for shopping ... I usually don't have patience because the items I find either: 1) don't fit as they ought to or 2) are more expensive than I want to pay. I tend to keep my clothing for a LONG time ... and I've realized it's really worth it to invest in some classic/timeless pieces now which I will (hopefully) wear for years. I've also become quite a fan of this TLC show. I've always tried to dress older so that I will look more professional, but thanks to this show and to the clothing stores linked above, I've been able to find some great items which 1) fit well, 2) are age-appropriate yet still professional, and 3) are affordable.

After all of the shopping, Westley and I relaxed the rest of the weekend ... enjoying the beach, the nearby big city, an operetta, and a friend's laidback party. A lovely end to the summer.

No comments: