I'm working on my first homework assignment for my new job. During this part of training, we've been discussing what we must prepare for the first week of classes. Today we were given time to write out our lesson plans/schedule for the first week of classes.
We had plenty of time to work this afternoon, and I had even thought about it ahead of time, jotting down notes about what I wanted to cover!
Being a perfectionist meant that I didn't finish it in the time allotted ... and I had to re-create the lesson template on my computer and print it out so that I could copy my scribbles onto a fresh piece of paper. Just because I'm especially anal about presenting my ideas perfectly.
I've done two grades already and now I'm just ... eh. Don't feel like doing the third prep. Even though it's basically the same as the others. Just a few modifications to make it simpler. Maybe I'll get up even earlier tomorrow (earlier than 5:30am ... yuck!) to finish it.
Why am I taking so much time to do this?
1) My boss will be seeing it.
2) So will all my new colleagues.
We've got to present our plans tomorrow. In my lovely quirky perfectionist way, I want mine to be outstanding. Fabulous. That sort of thing. I'm representing myself, all of my past education, and the system that hired me.
*Refer to the title of the post* I think I'm more than ridiculous ... but I'm determined to make a great first impression (or second) ... and I am not going to be so shy tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment