Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Magic words

I didn't expect to feel this way. Not so soon. Time-wise, we haven't been together all that long. When I think about it from a completely intellectual perspective, I think I must be crazy ... but when I focus on how my heart feels, I know that it's completely right.

I think I allowed myself to realize it, to really know when Westley said that he felt "utterly devoted" to me. When we exchanged the magic words (they really are magical; they're so sacred that we can only whisper them, like we're caressing an extremely fragile treasure every time we breathe those words), I knew we both meant them. He, who has admitted he's never been in love before, spoke them first.

*sigh* Savoring the present as much as possible ... and trying not to consider the bittersweet nature of it all ... and trying not to think about my upcoming graduation and subsequent moving away from this area, while he'll still be here for 2 more years.

1 comment:

post-doc said...

Aw... That's truly lovely and I'm very happy for you.