I mailed out my first job application today. I wasn't pleased to simply send the materials in a manila envelope by themselves. I had to drive to the supersized department store (as there are no office stores in town) to procure a "portfolio" folder in which to put them and an envelope to fit the folder. I use the "" because the folder had clasps to secure hole-punched documents. Not quite so professional, but this is a small town, and it was the best they had. Eh. The plus side is that I got it in the colors of the school district website. (What a nerd I am ... *sigh*)
I also just pressed "send" on the email to the faculty members requesting my oral exam time! The next 2.5 weeks are going to kick my @$$ but I'm still hopeful that I can do it. All that's left? a To-Do list 22" long (handwritten) ... conference, recital, concert, memorization, papers, scores, etc ... but I'll try not to think about all of that right now. I will take a deep breath and just do what I need to do ... which right now involves attending a meeting. Eh.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment