Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back from the last conference of the semester

There were some mishaps. Somehow I forgot to bring the pants to one of my suits (how I did this, I don't know ... I always forget something, but in the past it's been simple like a bathing suit for the hotel jacuzzi or pajamas ... not half a suit!). Then ... I ended up having to wait for and give a ride to one of the undergraduates who was in an extremely happy state after beverages consumed at the after-party.

Overall, the conference was wonderful ... Highlights included:
*Hanging out with AlmaMater buddies (our fifth conference together for this organization!)
*Celebrating a friend's birthday by dressing up for a special dinner
*Learning from some incredible sessions and lectures (which made me proud of where I came from, AlmaMater, and where I am, GradSchool)
*Attending a fancy party
*Seeing and chatting with former professors and mentors
*Realizing that I knew MANY people there (yay connections!)

Now it's "work work work time" ... because the next 2 weeks include: end-of-semester assignments, papers, score analysis, orals, 2 concerts, 2 recitals (one of which is mine) ... and I'm sure there's more that I can't remember at the moment. So ... posting will most likely be rare for awhile!

No comments: