The leaves are starting to change. From where I'm sitting right now, I can look out the window and see the gorgeous shades of green, orange, burgundy, gold, bronze, yellow, red, and copper on the mountainside. Lovely contrast with the light blue skies, which are peppered with some wispy clouds today.
Even though the trees are becoming more colorful every day, the weather is still pleasantly warm. I've been wearing skirts and dresses every day this week, savoring what I believe will be my last opportunity to wear these pretty, feminine outfits during my time here at GradSchool. (This past winter apparently extended into May. It was snowing here when I auditioned in April.)
As nature transforms around me, I too feel as though I'm changing. I'm growing more comfortable with the other students (finally learning names now that I am recognizing faces) and I'm increasingly comfortable working with the ensemble. My singing is changing too. I feel freer ... I'm learning to let go ... I think this is in large part due to my teacher whose free spiritedness is influencing me.
If you'd asked me before today what my favorite season was, I probably would have said Spring. I like the change in weather ... because it's so wonderful to embrace the warmth and sunshine, as compared with adding more layers of clothing to deal with the cold. I also love the rebirth of the world around me.
Today, I'd probably say that Autumn is my favorite season ... not just because I think its name is the most beautiful, but because today I can almost feel magic in the air.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment