As we were preparing to begin the alto sectional today, most of the girls were chatting as they found their seats. I made my way to the piano to get my things organized before starting our rehearsal. I don't really know the kids at this school very well, and I was trying to make sure I remembered everything I was supposed to go over in the music. As I was standing there, arranging my music on the piano, one of the girls came up to me.
She leaned in and whispered softly, "One of the buttons on your blouse is undone."
Bless her heart for telling me! Of course, it was the button right between ... well, it was a very strategic button. Oops! (Of course, I hadn't worn a tank top underneath this blouse.) Thank goodness there were only females in the room! (I did have to wonder though ... was that button undone when we'd met with the full SATB ensemble just moments before?!)
To get the girls' attention so that we could start singing, I announced, "Now that I'm fully clothed, let's begin!" (They giggled, not in a malicious way. We had a great rehearsal too.)
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment