Sunday, September 23, 2007

Home Comforts

Yesterday, I finally got around to getting ready for the day after 3 in the afternoon- lazy me! As I was in the shower, unexpected waves of homesickness washed over me. I suddenly felt the strong desire to go home. As I finished rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, I promised myself that if it wasn't already 4pm by the time I got out of the shower, I'd seriously consider driving home. I had no idea why this intense urge to go home had hit me, but I knew that I'd be willing to drive the distance if it wasn't too late.

Once I'd reached my room, I called up my parents. I was trying to remain calm, but I started to cry when I heard my dad's voice.

"I have this strange urge to come home," I told him, sniffling.

"Well come home then, silly girl," my mom told me after getting on the extension.

So I did. I got ready in record time, throwing on jeans and an old shirt. I drove the nearly 5 hours, knowing that I'd be driving the reverse route in less than 24 hours. (It's supposed to take longer than that ... but thankfully there weren't many cops out yesterday.) All is fine and normal here ... I think my hormones are to blame for the surprising onset of homesickness ... but I'm glad to be home, even if I do have to leave in a few hours.

No comments: