Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful (and Stressful) Time of the Year!

Once my concert is over this week, I think I will survive. In addition to my concert, I'm staying after to begin our school musical (informational meetings this week, auditions next week). Grades were due yesterday. Every day, I learn of a new task I must complete before the break.

Wedding planning is nearly done with only a few more things remaining:
*programs (design, print, assemble)
*music for reception (pick out must-play and don't-play songs on DJ's website)
*one more pre-marital counseling session (after church this weekend)
*meet with caterer (this weekend)

Westley's mom wants us to do assigned seating. I don't want to. (Tables at our place seat 2-4 people.) This has created tension for poor Westley who understands both our viewpoints and he's stuck in the middle.

I'm still happy, still content ... and I'm trying not to let the stress get to me. I've barely done any Christmas shopping ... and I'm a little nervous about that.

And now? I've gotta pack. Freezing rain tonight and tomorrow during my commuting times means that I probably ought to stay at my new apartment (closer to work) than at my parents' home tonight.

Trying to breathe ... think happy, calm thoughts ... and enjoy each day ... as each day is one day closer until I'm married to Westley. When we started counting down the days until our wedding, we began with 367. Time seemed to drag on forever ... I felt like we'd be stuck in the 300's, then the 200's, forever. Now we have 19 days to go ... and time has sped up ... Amazing how that happens.

No comments: