Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wedding Day!!!

I'm getting married today!!! :-)

It took me a long time to fall asleep last night because my brain was going a million miles a second ... I think I finally succumbed to sleep well after 1am. I was hoping to sleep in today ... but I was wide awake at 7am. At least the puffiness under my eyes is diminishing as time passes this morning.

In another hour, both the makeup person and the hair person will be coming to the house to set up. I'm scheduled for makeup at 11am and hair afterwards. I'm pretty excited for this princess treatment. :) (I enjoyed getting my nails done yesterday too, with my sister, especially since I got a massage from the chair in which I was sitting while receiving my pedicure.)

The rehearsal and dinner last night were so much fun! I felt a little nervous during the description of the ceremony, but when we did the walk-through, I felt more comfortable.

I loved seeing everyone last night ~ friends and family, and other family, not part of the ceremony, who had come in from out of town. It was fun to watch all of these people I know and love meet and interact with each other. Relatives from both my parents' sides ... from Westley's side ... friends ... I wish our time together weren't so limited ... and I hope I get the chance to talk with them more today. And ... at least for our family, I'll be seeing them again in less than a year for my sister's wedding.

My hope today is to try to memorize each moment as it happens. I have a feeling that most of it will be a blur ... but I want to remember celebrating this joyous event ... as much of it as possible.

Well, in addition to getting ready, I do have a short to-do list for today:
*Print directions from ceremony to reception on extra blank business cards
*Write checks for 2 bills
*Finish packing up honeymoon bag
*Write in the story journal that BestFriend and I trade back and forth (stories of our adventures whenever we get to see each other)

Well, I suppose I should start getting ready now ...

Wow, I can't believe I'm really getting married today. :-)

No comments: