Westley proposed on Christmas Day last year ... thus, our countdown until our wedding began at 367 days.
Today is our "Negative One Month Anniversary" ... and we have 30 days remaining.
Somehow, 337 days have already passed.
At the beginning, I felt like time wasn't moving at all and that I was going to remain engaged forever. Now, time has accelerated greatly ... and I'm finding it hard to believe that exactly one month from now, I'll be married.
Most details are covered; we have our flowers, our cake, our reception place (another story for another day: ours is the very last event they'll host before they close forever!), our photographer, hair/makeup appointments ...
We sent out the invitations a few weeks ago, and they're due back in one week. (We bought the 2 kits at Michael's for $30 apiece and printed them out at his parents' house.)
Of course, with both of us being musicians, we've been very picky about the music. We don't want the traditional "Here Comes the Bride" (which apparently was written in jest) ... so we're still trying to figure out which pieces we want.
My original dream (since mid-college) had been to have only piano and cello provide music ... but ... our church has a great organ ... and Westley wanted organ. So ... no cello/piano. And the pieces I'd considered with piano/cello just don't work with organ. Don't get me wrong; I love having the organ ... but I want the perfect piece to be playing as I walk down the aisle ... and I haven't found it yet.
Tonight, I've spent the last few hours researching wedding programs online ... a detail I'd forgotten ... but one which is important ... and again, I haven't found the one that really speaks to me yet. I loved our invitations ... and I want everything to be as wonderful as it can be.
At the end of the day, one month from now, I just want to be married to Westley ... to be together without having to drive several hours to see each other. It still doesn't feel real ... but the thought nearly brings me to tears ... the thought that 30 days will somehow fly by (even though I know many will be very stressful: moving stuff into the apartment, my concert, starting the school musical process of informational meetings & auditions, Westley's graduation, Christmas preparations, etc) ... and all of those events will propel us closer to our wedding day ... and God willing, everything will work out just fine and we'll be together, bonded forever by God.
*Deep breath* It begins ...
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment