Late this afternoon, I went for a walk. I gazed into the woods ... and was struck by the beauty of the bare trees against some of the lingering greenery deeper in the woods. The ground around me was covered in fallen leaves ... and as I stood there in those few moments, more leaves gently wafted to the ground.
My gaze was drawn upwards to the few remaining bits of color at the top of the trees ... these leaves were waiting ... blowing gently in the occasional breeze. I wondered ... How do they know when it's their time to let go ... to sway in the breeze as they float gracefully to the ground?
I watched the trees for a few moments ... hoping to catch a glimpse of a leaf as it detached itself from its tree. Several began their descent before my eyes happened upon a single leaf who easily let go of its branch and drifted to the ground.
How did it know when to let go?
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment