Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratitude

Grateful. Indescribably grateful.

Family. Westley. Friends. God. Gift of Jesus. Getting my marriage license earlier this week. Home. New apartment. Time. Music. My students. Getting my oil changed, windshield replaced (cracked by a rock in either September or October), and fuel emissions checked. Enjoyment from reading. Positive work environment. Supportive administration. Caring and friendly colleagues. Many affirmative responses for the wedding. Excuse for learning minimal French (a language I've always wanted to learn but didn't have enough motivation). Christmas in less than a month. Ability to serve God through music. Having my first fitting for my wedding dress. Health. Productivity. Life.

Even after I've written the above, my mind is flooded with a myriad (my favorite word of all time) of more things for which I'm grateful.

I'm grateful for my little brother, home from college, who's watching some incredibly gruesome but "ugh, it's so fake, Estrella!" zombie flick in the same room as I type on the family computer.

I'm grateful for my parents ... my mom who's fixing one of my hand-me-up shirts from my little sister (thanksful for her too) with her sewing machine at the moment ... and my dad who, earlier today, was showing off the tie he's going to wear on my wedding day.

I'm grateful for Westley ... and oh so grateful to God because He completely ignored my prayer that I wouldn't meet someone at GradSchool because I wanted to focus completely on my studies. I thank Him that He knew so much better. :)

I'm thankful for Westley's family ... because I already consider them my own family too.

I'm thankful that God has continued to guide and mold my life ... and He remains faithful in spite of my fallibility. Blessed. I feel incredibly blessed. And I am grateful.

No comments: