After the semi-venting tone of the last entry, I thought I'd share some positive news from the past week:
I "slept in" until 6am on Wednesday and drove home that morning! Traffic was great until weather worsened as I neared home. Scary experience: The car ahead of me had slowed suddenly, causing me to brake suddenly as well. My car hydroplaned -- almost into the car ahead of me. If it weren't for my more-cautious-than-usual distance behind them (due to the weather) and my desperate steering into the shoulder of the road (which ended up angling the front of my car INCHES away from the other car), an accident would have occurred. I was SO SHAKEN after this (this was the closest I'd ever come to having an accident), and I prayed aloud for several minutes, thanking and praising God that He'd spared this other car and me from such an incident.
Once I got home, everything instantly became better! It was so wonderful to see my siblings and parents again. Wednesday at home: nap, haircut (yay!), church service. Thursday: yummy food. Friday: shopping with my mom and sister! Saturday: quality time with 2 friends from home!
One of my mentor/friends at home (the director of a youth choir I've accompanied/ guest-accompanied for, over the past 6 years) had told me last month what she hoped to get me for Christmas/Graduation: a Choir Director's Concert outfit. I immediately agreed that this would be the perfect gift because I'll be directing at student-teaching placement school's concert in 3 weeks! On Saturday, she took me out for shopping and lunch. 7 hours. 11am-6pm. I now have a gorgeous black/silver (shimmery) floor-length skirt and a black velvet shirt (the sleeves & collar match the material of the skirt). I've just got to find a Dry Cleaner's nearby in CoolCity ...
On Sunday, I sang Offertory for both services at my home church before running over to the other church (home of the youth choir) to play for their performance at a charity event. Quiet evening at home which I mostly spent revising all of my brother's college application essays.
On Monday, I drove back to MySchool in CoolCity in record time. Still, I was sad to leave home ... When it's time to leave, I always wish that I could stay just a little longer ...
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment