Sunday, September 28, 2008

Warm fuzzy on a Friday

Earlier this week, I had each section of the choir sing an excerpt of the piece we were learning. As each section sang, the other sections were instructed to listen closely so that they could offer one positive comment about the performing section's demonstration.

After the sopranos in one class sang, one little boy raised his hand to give feedback. He is not always aware of what is going on around him, and the sweet girl who sits next to him helps him focus and comply with directions. He never speaks up in class, and his aide was as surprised as I was when he raised his hand to participate.

"What did you think about their singing?" I asked him gently.

"They sounded like angels," he breathed quietly, as though their music had touched him more deeply than he could articulate.

No comments: