Friday, September 26, 2008

Flying

Even though I ought to stay home this weekend to create some order in my living area, I am taking off yet again.

I've driven to see Westley twice since the school year began. It has been tough being several hours apart ... but we talk on the phone daily, and that eases the pain of separation somewhat.

This weekend, I'm visiting my sister and our elderly relatives. This means that I have about 8 hours of driving between today after school and Sunday morning before church. Did I mention I have a part-time church gig in addition to my overwhelming I-was-working-for-11-hours-straight-on-Wednesday teaching job? Ah, such is the life of a musician, right?

I constantly feel as though I'm flying by the seat of my pants ... The stream of necessary responsibilities is neverending.

And now? I have one hour to get ready, pack for the weekend, and pack my lunch before I leave so that I'm on time for yet another meeting.

1 comment:

AS said...

Thanks for your comment Estrella... yes, the neverending stream of necessary responsibilities... so well put...