BestFriend is back from her honeymoon ... and we spent a precious 48 minutes on the phone this morning. Sooo good to hear from her. I wish she weren't moving across the country! (Still, I know it's for the best... for both her and her new husband.)
I leave this Thursday.
On Friday, I'll be arriving in a country where I don't speak the language. I'll be completely on my own.
I'm scared.
At least BestFriend and I had each other when we traveled to Italy for Spring Break ... and ... I even understood some Italian, thanks to singing and bits of the language which have cognates in the Spanish language.
I'll be traveling for about a week before my seminar actually starts. (Anyone care to join me in Austria? It's a last-minute offer ... but if you're up for randomly jutting off to Eastern Europe ... :-) I'm thinking Salzburg and Vienna ... and perhaps ... a trip to see Esterhazy in Hungary where Handel (it was him, right?) wrote extensively.)
Then I'll be at my long conference for 3 weeks! Lots of intense learning, singing, growing!
Following that, I'll have a week more of traveling ... with my sister and her friend! More Austria and ... a day or so in Prague.
I feel somewhat guilty about all this traveling ... I mean ... it seems quite luxurious to have this chance ... But ... I'm justifying it with this reasoning: Who knows when I'll get the chance to do this again? I saved money by being an RA for two years ... and now I'm simply taking advantage of that. When I have a real job after grad school ... I may not be able to just go attend an awesome conference for several weeks in the summer. Instead, I'll be taking credits towards maintaining my certification ... and planning for my classes ... and ... surely, I'll have more responsibilities than I do now.
Anyway ... those are my random thoughts at the moment ... Ill try to write again before I leave!
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment