Saturday, June 23, 2007

Preparations

My first year at the camp, I had 14 kids. So last year, I planned activities for 20. I had 35 show up. This year, I've been planning activities for 40 kids. I just found out last night, after spending hours making paper mache balloons for one of our crafts that I will have 10 kids next week. Hmm.

I have to leave home in 45 minutes or less for CoolCity once again. I didn't realize I'd be returning so soon (after I drove through there 2 weeks ago tomorrow). As it turns out, it's just easier for me to stay in CoolCity than to stay in the town where I'm attending a wedding today! This makes Wedding #2 of the three I've been invited to attend this summer. (Alas, I can't make #3!)

After purchasing my gift for this couple at the store, I read in Miss Manners that one is not supposed to bring a gift to the reception; mailing the gift or dropping it off at the house is more acceptable. Oh well! I'm breaching etiquette and bringing my gift with me today.

Now I need to eat a quick breakfast, put on my makeup, and change out of my bathrobe into my pretty outfit so that I can get on the road! Happy weekend!

No comments: