*Title is a quote from an amusing poem by Lewis Carroll, set to music.
Today has been a glorious Saturday ... so amazingly perfect that I am still lazily lounging in my pajamas even though it is nearly 4pm.
I slept in until 9:30am (which made for a wonderful start to my day, as I have not been able to sleep so late in such a long time!) ... and I awoke, feeling quite rested and refreshed. Chai tea and yummy chocolate covered cookie bars from Trader Joe's were a delightful breakfast combination ... and then I borrowed my mom's current fiction reading (a quirky but fun book entitled Undead and Unwed about a designer-shoe-loving young woman who becomes a vampire).
By the time I finished the book, my family had left to go tailgating and attend a football game ... and I had the house to myself. I enjoyed a delicious lunch of celery with peanut butter, sharp cheddar cheese, a French roll, and a half-glass of wine as I watched the online episode of Grey's from two weeks ago. I talked with Westley on the phone for nearly two hours. I'm planning to watch last week's episode of Grey's...
Other plans (which may or may not include grading today ... perhaps I'll put it off until tomorrow) include: showering, eating an equally tasty dinner, and enjoying my down time without guilt. I've earned this day off. :-)
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment