I checked my school email yesterday, feeling half-guilty as I did so. You see, other teacher friends of mine told me, "I'm not getting paid to work over the summer, so I'm not going to do any work-related things this summer, like checking email." I couldn't help it though. What if someone needs me? What if there's valuable information that I should know? What if? What if?
Curiosity won out (as, admittedly, it has a few times earlier this summer too) ... and ... I do have somewhat of a compulsion to check my email accounts (yes, plural) often ... even if it sometimes takes me forever to respond ...
Anyway, I'm glad I did. One parent sent me a link to this nifty YouTube video and hoped I was enjoying my summer. Another parent had contacted the school, wanting to reach me, and the secretary gave me a phone number to call. I left a message at the phone number, and as I was not at school, I left my home phone number (at my parents' home) for the return call.
Last night, I was watching a silly but highly amusing movie with my dad when the phone rang. I picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Hi, Mrs. LastName?" I was about to interrupt the caller to say, "No, sorry, my mother is not at home. May I take a message?" when the voice continued, identifying herself as the parent who'd wanted to reach me. :)
She was calling because her daughter and other students of mine are in a local musical production, and they wanted to invite me to a performance next week. Aww. :) I think I'll go.
Thursday, July 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment