Friday, May 29, 2009

7 months minus 2 days until W-Day

Aack! More than 3 weeks since I last posted. I'm hoping to catch up this summer on the stories I need to share:
*Choral catastrophes (fainting/ill children at performances, threats)
*First overnight field trip with my students
*Family party with Westley's kin
*Teaching my students how to "insult someone intelligently"
*Class personalities and how they changed
*2nd concert (which actually takes place tonight!)
*Reflections on a first year of teaching which is somehow very nearly over (how is it possible that I'm almost done?!?!?!?!?!)

I'm listing the above so I remember that I want to write down these stories before I forget them! Then ... in the years to come, I'll look back fondly on this first year of teaching, the year of my engagement, etc.

Plans for this summer:
I'm dreaming of curling up in a chair with a refreshing cup of tea (although lately I've become a coffee addict, something I'd always hoped to avoid *sigh*) with my laptop and writing. Planning my wedding. Picking music for next year. Making plans, resources for next year. Going through all my junk/stuff/clothing/etc. and getting rid of what I don't need/want. Getting organized. My bedroom is chaotic with bags of stuff here, boxes of stuff there. Bridal magazines given to me by a friend. Piles of sheet music. Books. CDs. Pictures. Miscellaneous stuff. I want to be able to walk through my room and have EVERYTHING in some kind of organized arrangement.

OK, and because today's my concert (and also fortunately, my part-time day), I'm going into school late. Otherwise, I'd be there at this very moment. I still need to go, however, and I should leave soon ... so I'll have to continue this stream-of-consciousness later ... maybe next week ... or maybe when my summer officially begins- 2 weeks from today! (Students' last day is the 10th, but mine is the 12th.) Hmm ...

Anyway ... be back sooner than later!!!

No comments: